a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to empowering future female scientists and leaders in STEM
Our hope is that every kid that's passionate about science will be told that they can become scientists, even girls from underrepresented groups
Follow us on Instagram here!
Students at our Outreach Camps. Read more about it here.
Why is this important?
- Engineering, science, and technology have huge impacts on advancements in human society. The job-growth in these fields are also accelerating, and knowledge of the STEM field is increasingly becoming important (especially skills like critical thinking and collaboration).
- The STEM gender gap is still very prevalent, even in countries with high overall gender equity.
Women make up 11% of the workforce in engineering, 23% in computer science, and 34% in physical sciences. High school girls tend to rate their math competence lower than boys with the same grade (this is due to stereotypes!). The issue is with STEM persistence: girls lose interest over time.
What do we do?
- We run outreach camps and bring hands-on STEM learning to local communities!
- We host virtual visits empowering students around the world with online STEM programming and host guest speakers!
- We have an active blog where we produce content catered to young girls, encouraging them to explore the STEM field, exposing them to female role models, as well as providing educational material!
... and more in the works!
We would greatly appreciate any support or donations, which will go towards creating our magazines, purchasing kits for our camp, and other resources that will go to our future scientists directly.
Be the first to know about upcoming volunteering opportunities and She Leads STEM launches, announcements and events!